• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Time to play name that part!!!!!

Wallyman

NAXJA Forum User
I know what it is ,.... do you?
Winners get ...to inforom the others what it is ...:)
Its from a 1990 cherokee 4 door I6 AW-4 and an OEM part

DSCF2586.JPG

That there is the awshit!!!
Like: Awshit!!! I shoulda left this alone!

Wallyman said:
Kinda like the "damnits" that go on the backside of a pin through your lapel or what not. you drop it and look down going "Damnit"!
Of course i wear a uniform so thats a common term.

'S funny - we called them "frogs" - because they like to jump.

Although, I suppose that's in the same class as the old Rochester "Jesus clips" - so named for what you involuntarily said when you lost one...

Wallyman said:
Hmmm... i slept, slept IN,.. went out and mowed my little rain forest i have in the backyard...and STILL noone can guess what this is....Ill give a hint,..you dont need it for the jeep to start.but its awfully hard to go anywhere

Does it have something to do with the shifter detents in an automatic?

I'm really trying to guess - I've got OEMR catalogues in .pdf, but I haven't opened them (yet...)

it's the peace that goes from the shift button to the detent in the shifter. I've had to replace a few. Really sucks when mall crawling and that thing breaks. It will leave you stranded at the worst time you can think of.

Back