• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Strange Stuff

xjmania

NAXJA Forum User
I trimmed off the brackets on my 1/4 panel the other day. I like the look of it now...I think for right now Im going to add the bumper caps off the 84-96 Cherokees until I decide what bumper to get. After I trimmed it, I was feeling around the 1/4 panels and on the driver side I found something really odd.
DSC01232.jpg

DSC01231.jpg

Inside the 1/4 I found this black bag...I opened it up and found this insulation stuff. Anyone have any idea what this is?
DSC01230.jpg

That sucks. The street value on that insulation is gonna be crap and it's certain to not smoke well. :D

That's just strange.

had a bag in each side of my 97.
sound deadening, insulation, water retention, floatation device... who knows.

Haha, I thought the same thing...black bag, hidden in 1/4's, DC is up to something sneaky. The driver side had a hole at the botton and I checked around to see what was in there and sure enough I had a black bag. The passenger side doesn't have a hole so I wouldn't know if there is one in there or not. Its a 98 btw.

neither my 95 or my 87 had the "black bag" mod. I'm not sure about the rest of mine...they still have all the interior pannels and carpet.

I hope they dont rust out now lol. Did you guys leave em in your Jeep and in the black bag or did the curiosity kill the grease monkey?

sjbond67 said:
that insulation is to reduce road noise

...and yet it seems to work so well:jester::)

my 87 didnt, 95 didnt, 94 didnt,91 didnt,89 didnt and neither did the 88

whats even funnier is my 88 currently has parts from all of the above haha

I found mine while grinding away, and realized a large amount of smoke shooting out of the breather holes in the inside. I pulled the pannel back and the bag of coke was flamin away, got pretty high from all the fumes!

Back