• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ rear disc conversion w/ KJ rear brakes?

t1snwbrdr12

NAXJA Forum User
just thinkin, would this work w/o modification like you have to do to zj backing plates? i mean i realize its not much modification to make zj brakes work from what i've read, but would kj brakes work since they have 8.25s in them? anyone done anything w/ this or any insight to shed? thanks

PM MJR as he would know for sure. I remember reading that it WILL work but they problem is just finding the KJ parts at the yards since they are not yet plentiful and are getting sucked up by body shops or all sitting in yards for insurance companies.

Its too expensive to order from the dealer

djblade311 said:
PM MJR as he would know for sure. I remember reading that it WILL work but they problem is just finding the KJ parts at the yards since they are not yet plentiful and are getting sucked up by body shops or all sitting in yards for insurance companies.

Its too expensive to order from the dealer
i work at a jeep dealer but even at my cost i assume it'll be more than i want to spend. i have done alot of kj wreck jobs though (this past winter) and i might be able to locate the rears in our little "junkyard" on our lot.

I just did the grand rear disc brake swap ,It is still on the hoist waiting to hook up the brake lines and Prop valve ,you have to grind open the caliper mounting brakets .the grand stuff fits good only prob I had was finding the e-brake/backing plates , dodge discontinued them

Back