• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

L.C.D Clock option

XJ-Junkie

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone ever seen an XJ with the dash mounted L.C.D. clock option that was in the panel above the cigarette lighter? I was doing a little salvage yard shopping today and discovered one. The radio was missing, so I don't know if there was a clock in it. I have some photos, but I'm Not sure how to post them on here.:dunno:

XJ-Junkie

First off, what year xj do you have? The plugs changed from year to year depending on the xj. The last year the clock was offered was 91. 84-87 were lcd, 88-89 were backlit, 90 was the pos backlight with the light farther from the clock, hence a dim display, and 91 was lcd, the brightest of all years. I added a clock to my 88 with a clock from an 89 by plugging it into a vacant plug behind my dash.

831975_15.jpg

You can use this site for more clock info.

http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoDashClock.htm

dam you johnny...lol

Thanks for the info. It seems that the one that I picked up today is for the 88-90 models. I need one for a 93. Looks like I'll be returning this one.

XJ-Junkie

:D

There is no 93 clock. As 88xjsport said, 91 was the last year for the dash clock. You can use the clock that you have. Just wire it up. I put a 91 clock in my old 96.

Like i said before, and if you read the links, the last year the clock was offered was 91. Just splice the hot wire to the fuseblock, constant and ground to the back of the cig lighter. Use the reference colors from the links.

EDIT DAM YOU JOHNNY LOL! I QUIT...

HA HA :)

But it's the switched wire and ground that go to the cig lighter. And the constant wire to the fusebox.

Unless your cig lighter is always on. Mine isn't.

xjohnnyc said:
HA HA :)

But it's the switched wire and ground that go to the cig lighter. And the constant wire to the fusebox.

Unless your cig lighter is always on. Mine isn't.
LOL good call johnny my bad. I just had to plug mine in, and i didnt have to splice, so i was just recalling from what i read...

Back