• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Putting d60/D44 in the XJ. Question on rims...

Fryphax

NAXJA Forum User
i know you can fit a 15" rim on the d60 drum if you clearance the drum a little, the problem is I can't find any 8x6.5 bolt pattern rims that are 15" I don't want to sell my fairly new tires for a loss and have to buy 16 or 16.5" tires.

Where can I find a write up on fitting a 15" rim, and also where can I find a 15" rim with the proper bolt pattern?

I'm running 15x10's w/ 4" backspacing. Couldn't tell ya who made 'em though. If you're running ford calipers up front give up and go buy some 17's. That's the direction everything is turning anyhow. I had to do a fair amount of grinding to fit my rims onto my chevy setup, but it wasn't that bad.

If I could get 17s with tires for what I can get out of my 15s and 36x12.50 I would.

IIRC,4WOR mag said they got some 15" rims with 8 lug pattern from :puke: 4 Wheel Parts Wholesalers :puke: They were the black rock crawlers with something like 2.5"-3" BS. If it were me,I'd just run Hummer rims to bring the wheels back in towards the body a good bit,and have bead locks to boot. But,as always,that's just my opinion :)

Fryphax said:
If I could get 17s with tires for what I can get out of my 15s and 36x12.50 I would.

When i was looking I couldent find any... They were all build to order. I think the 3.5in or less Bs rims are all fliped rims, woudl depend on the Manufacturer.

I never found an 15in 8 lug rim with the right BS cheep or available so I went 16.5s and found military surpluss hummer tires to run for cheep.

have fun.

Hummer tires are 36x12.50 right? If I could find some for cheap I would go with them and hummer beadlocks. I haven't been able to find hummer tires though.

Allied has some 15" 8-lug wheels, just take a look at their website.

I'm running 16.5" x 9.75" TR beadlocks with 5.38" b/s. Clears the calipers just fine and keeps the wheels tucked in as close as possible under the body. The only downside (if you can call it that) is that there aren't alot of tire choices for 16.5" wheels. Pretty much just Swampers (like that's a bad thing :D).

Im running swampers right now, but they are a 15" tires. I only have about 1500 miles on them which is why I don't want to sell.

Back