• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CCV

Jonnyjpr

NAXJA Forum User
I need to know how to take the CCV valve off. The one thats closest to the windsheild. Never done it and my brother is trying to take his off. I would go out to my jeep to figure it out but i dont have it with me. Could someone help me. and yes i did search.

Don't know what year you're working with but here's the breakdown...
87-90 just pulls out
91-92 turn 90* then pull up
93-2001 pulls straight out, if they're not too badly hardened/cracked already, you can push one against the valve cover to pull it out at kind of a 45* angle.

If it's really tough to get out, you might consider at least replacing the rubber grommets, if not the plastic push fittings too.

I spent around $30 at the stealership for the PCV and CCV assemblies.

Are the two different. Meaning the one in the back and the one in the front? Cause, i think my brother got the wrong one. oh and thanks for the info.

What if you weren't running the tube that goes to the intake manifold from the ccv for close to 2 weeks? It'll just make your jeep run like crap?

Back