• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

T5-borg&warner

cherokeedriver420

NAXJA Forum User
ok im thinking of putting a late 80's 5.0 mustang motor in my xj --- i have the T5-borg&warner trannybehind my 2.8 does anyone know the difference between the tranny in mine and the T5-borg&warner in the mustang as far as i can see they are the same except the bell housing:wow:

there are alot of diiferences between the 2 the t-5 is just the design the details it what makes the difference between the world class t-5 the non world class t-5 and the t-5's they put behind the 4cyl mustangs and 6cyl camaros compared to the t-5's in v-8 cars..
Can a 302 even fit in an XJ?
I am a ford guy so this really paeks my interest.
Also summit sells a t-5 Z which is stonger than the standard t-5 behind a v-8 also has a lower first gear. of course it costs 1000.00. I bought one for my boosted mustang
put a 4cyl t-5 behind a 302 it will work
will it last depends on how you use it it will prob last as long as a 35 rear behind it..

alwaysready said:
Can a 302 even fit in an XJ?
Eassly compared to a chevy 350. There are a few on this board that have done the 350 swap. The 302 is smaller and lighter. I have kicked arround the 302 swap for a few years now. Even had a 86 302 to rebuild and put in my 84. I have yet to do it and think it is the best swap for an XJ. Z and M were working on one but I never heard weather it worked out or not. Good luck and let em knwo if you do it.

Back