• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

5 inch leaf springs?

Gaius

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking to get some rear leaf springs for the CHerokee, and want to balance price and quality. It's mostly a street rig, but will be taking the yearly trip down to the Rubicon/Fordyce in it. WHat would be a good leaf set? Should I make or get a pair of shackles to replace the aging (100 miles) stock ones? Thanks for any input.

Weasel said:
Only a couple I would really consider.

DPG Off-road
Big Off-road

I need to replace my bent RE 4.5" springs. DPG and BOR are the only two companies in the running at this point. Just need to pare down the fleet to free up some funds.

I was looking at the DPG springs, but shipping is going to put them almost 500.00. Are there any problems with 4.5 or 5.5 RE springs?

Axlewrap killed my RE springs in short order. I can't blame that totally on the RE springs but I am looking for something with a little more beef for my next set.

Back