• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 300 TC swap?

barillms

NAXJA Forum User
What is needed to swap a Dana 300 Transfer case in place of my 1988 NP231?
Whats a common donor vehicle for the 300?
Why is this transfer case better than my 231?

Look at Advanced Adapters, not too sure if they have an adapter or not.

It will be pass drop, unless you flip it and clock it right.

They came in CJ's, from 81-86 IIRC. IH Scouts had them too.

Check out some swaps on Pirate, there have been a few.

barillms said:
What is needed to swap a Dana 300 Transfer case in place of my 1988 NP231?
Whats a common donor vehicle for the 300?
Why is this transfer case better than my 231?

Not trying to be a dick, but If you don't know the answers to those questions, why do you think you need/want a 300?

barillms said:
Quit being such a f*cking turd.
And anyway the search on this site sucks ass, thats why nobody finds anything.
AND YES, I know how to use it.

ouch, that attitude hurts me and its not even my problem. the advanced search feaure make it very easy to find stuff on this site. the best hint i can give you is to use the sort by relevancy option. that givs you results that may not be current but do have all your search terms in them. you just then have to pay attention to the dates on the threads.

oddly enough Brianho13 has both a 231 and a 300 in his jeep. on purpose even. a little search will explain that too.

cumorglas said:
oddly enough Brianho13 has both a 231 and a 300 in his jeep. on purpose even. a little search will explain that too.

Just half a 231.:D

Wow some attitudes. Yes you can put a d300 inplace of a 231. Now here is the caveat. The 231 is a left hand drop and d300 is a right hand drop. Now there are 2 ways to accomplish this. Install a standard d300 and change the exhaust and front axle. Or (much cheaper) use a stax fliped d300 housing. Still spendy I would just opt for a rubicon case or atlas case. Alot less work.

mmcswss said:
Wow some attitudes. Yes you can put a d300 inplace of a 231. Now here is the caveat. The 231 is a left hand drop and d300 is a right hand drop. Now there are 2 ways to accomplish this. Install a standard d300 and change the exhaust and front axle. Or (much cheaper) use a stax fliped d300 housing. Still spendy I would just opt for a rubicon case or atlas case. Alot less work.

Thank you,

obvious.jpg

mmcswss said:
Now there are 2 ways to accomplish this. Install a standard d300 and change the exhaust and front axle. Or (much cheaper) use a stax fliped d300 housing. Still spendy I would just opt for a rubicon case or atlas case. Alot less work.

Um.

You forgot just running the D300 upside down.

Nice bump on a thread well over a year old, BTW. Just had to get that little bit of misinformation out to the masses?

Back