• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Harbor Freight/Central Pneumatic Compressor?

WheelinJR

NAXJA Forum User
Looking for people who have actually used this and will give it a little quickie review.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=93186

93186.gif

Before you guys start bashing this because its made in China, I know they're chinese made, and thats not a big deal. Millions will swear by VIAIR, and I can tell you right now, thats a chinese product as well.

Basically, this kit resembles the 300P from VIAIR without some of the extras, but is over $100 cheaper.

Who has used this? Did it work well? Did it last?

Thanks
Jason

I carry the Costco compressor and a friend of mine has the H.F. one. I can tell you that the writeup pointed out earlier on this thread is pretty much right on. So IMHO spend less and get more!

IGOCOMMANDO said:
I carry the Costco compressor and a friend of mine has the H.F. one. I can tell you that the writeup pointed out earlier on this thread is pretty much right on. So IMHO spend less and get more!

okay, still not answering the question.

how long have you had it? any problems with it? does it function well?

While there is value on your opinion, I am not really asking if you think I should buy this one or a different one, I am asking about your experiences with this one.

The only refernce I can give is a comparison between the two just like the previous write up. The H.F. compressor is slower and hotter than the Costco unit. But of course, the H.F. one sure is purty....

....I would buy it again if I had to get another compressor someday....and it comes in a hard plastic case with all the little attatchments you'll need.

had mine about 2 years now and it still works, I carry it in my wifes truck since I went CO2 in the jeeps but it still gets used. I wouldnt hesitate to buy another when its on sale

I bought one about 3 months ago and use it a lot. I have an air bumper and this keeps up with my impact fairly well out out on the trail. I would buy it again.

uratard2 said:
I bought one about 3 months ago and use it a lot. I have an air bumper and this keeps up with my impact fairly well out out on the trail. I would buy it again.

When you say fairly well. What do you mean?

I have one of these compressors. I bought it about 6 months ago on sale for 49.95. It works fine . Ive aired alot of tires with it with no problems.

I have one that I keep in my wifes Miata and it has worked fine on the small tires that her car has but it only takes a couple minutes to air up her tires. Don't know about larger XJ or TJ tires. Only used my big Craftsman compressor for that so far. Off road I have a small Coleman compressor that stays in my XJ and it gets hot but plugs right along.

Back