• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New front brakes and help needed

jacobyj2

NAXJA Forum User
I've got an 88xj with no major modifications and it is in need of a brake job. I've never worked on brakes before and wanted to find either a thread or a site that can somewhat walk me through the process. Any help would be appreciated, i'll eventually just start unbolting shit and i'm sure it will work out, but direction is always appreciated.

jacobyj2 said:
I've got an 88xj with no major modifications and it is in need of a brake job. I've never worked on brakes before and wanted to find either a thread or a site that can somewhat walk me through the process. Any help would be appreciated, i'll eventually just start unbolting shit and i'm sure it will work out, but direction is always appreciated.

You probably can find some info on this forum using the search functionality. Also,

http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoFrontDisks.htm

has several great write-ups on break maintenance and mods (and much more), which should be of help.

Good luck!

ditto, use that site for starters. if you know how to hold and turn a wrench, the front disc's are a breeze. get a haynes or chiltons manual for starters on ebay or any auto parts store. for starters.

ITS EASY JUST DON'T LET IT INTIMIDATE YOU!!!

Back