• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The time has come for a new T-case, but which one???

sik4wheeler

NAXJA Forum User
The time has come for a new T-case, but which one should I choose? Should I get a 2spd, 3spd. or the 4spd. Does stak or atlas have a better reputation/warranty than one another. Also what distributor should I get it from as far as best pricing? What all will I need to do as far as driveshafts, linkage, shifters, any adapters. Right now I have TnT's long arm kit so it will have to fit under the crossmember. Will I need to make any mods to the tunnel? If I am leaving anything out feel free to chime in. Thanks ahead of time.

I have heard nothing but great reviews about stak and atlas cant go wrong with either one in my opinon.

what type of wheeling are you in to ? that should determine which would fit your needs better

call Jess at High Angle Driveline

he is a distributor for both of them as well as a driveshaft maker - and can answer all your questions and give you a package deal on all the driveline stuff as well....

http://www.highangledriveline.com/

Darn, thanks for quick replies. I am into very slow rock crawling and would still like to beable to drive on out in pismo. I am running 4.88's in the axles w/ 34" LTB's, and someday I will be at 35's, but no bigger cause I like to keep the trails a little more interesting and challenging. Thanks for the help. Also I will be giving Jess a call.

Bah, get a Dana 300, flip it or use a passenger side pot. Prob cost less than an atlas too

if youve got cash go with the 4 speed atlas.....

something about atlas having already being around for a while makes me think they would be the obvious smart choice cause aa isnt goin anywhere anytime soon and stak could drop off the face of the market any day now.

I used to have this in under my rig:

t-caseback.jpg

clockingposition.jpg

Now I have this under my rig:

atlas.jpg

You can read about it here:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=535877&highlight=daily+driving+stak

The tranny tunnel has to modified a ton to get the STaK in with the TnT skid (which is what I'm running). The skid had to be modified to get the Atlas in (limited clocking options). Either way you'll have to get creative to get either of these to work with the TnT belly pan.

STaK is a great company (they aren't going to "drop off the face of the market any day now"), they just have to work out a few kinks in the t-case. I would hold out for the STaK II :)

If you really are in Campbell, shoot me a PM to set up a time to come over and take a look at what I've done to my rig to get these things in there.

I run the atlas 4 speed. The install also took a bit of creative modifying. Both the tunnel at the cross member and the tunnel opening to fit the shifters. I added an additional cross member to hold the new longer skid plate and act as an attachment point for the traction bar. Lots of fab time, but it fits, and the choice of ratio's to match the obsticle is :worship: awesome.

Back