• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another xj on full widths.

Jonnyjpr

NAXJA Forum User
Well, after about the 5th time breaking my axles i decided to put a hp d44 and 9in in the jeep. Was gonna do a straight swap and keep the lift and tires and everything. But decided to go ahead and go all out on it.

this is what it started as

330445869_l.jpg

and this is what it looked like before i started the full widths

1143268506_l.jpg

It has started

DSCN1180.jpg

DSCN1183.jpg

got some 8inch rockkrawler xj springs and some 63 inch long chevy springs

DSCN1195.jpg

frame stiffener

DSCN1197.jpg

cross member

DSCN1207.jpg

control arm mount on crossmember

DSCN1260.jpg

Coil buckets

DSCN1259.jpg

Kinda see the setup here. Just the lower control arm now.

DSCN1258.jpg

Another pic of the buckets and mounts

DSCN1257.jpg

Another pic of the crossmember bolted on

DSCN1256.jpg

Gonna put a bolt through the middle and bolt the coils down with a bar and bolt

Are bronco axles considered fullwidth or are those out of an F150 or something?

My friend's got an old junk bronco in his backyard... might have to go axle stealin.

While you have it up you going to do anything about all that rust? Other than that it looks sweet.

what rust??? thats clay. I dont think bronco axles are considered full widths.
I'm kinda copying tnt longarms. With the bend on the lower and connecting the upper to the peak of the bend. Gonna be pickin up the tires tommorrow, 38s.

gonna be bolting them up at the stock location in front of the rear axle. Its gonna be hangin past the bumper a few inches, so i'll just put a shackle from the bumper to the spring. Wheelbase is gonna be brought back 10 inches and moved forward about 2 or 3.

I think those four bolts should hold the cross member fine. You really think that they're gonna break?

Jonnyjpr said:
I think those four bolts should hold the cross member fine. You really think that they're gonna break?

It's better to be safe that assume those four bolts will not break. Most guys choose to go with more mounting points for the control arms, even though you've added frame stiffeners. If you can, expand upon the mounting points for the cross member, and it'll be a much safer rig in the end.

Back