• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TPS sensor question??

sixditch

NAXJA Forum User
so I'm replacing the tps sensor on my neighbor’s 2001 because the check engine light is on, it runs rough at idle, rpms are high, and the dealership told her it was the tps after hooking it up to a scanner.
I have the new one installed and it still has all the symptoms...I am thinking bad connections, vacuum leaks, bad grounds, faulty new sensor, whatever...but my neighbor was told by the dealer that the tps had to be installed with a "homing monitor"???? wtf
Is there something I am missing? Do I need to somehow calibrate the new tps or what special do I need to do to install this thing properly?
Thanks

I had the same symtoms with the same code being pulled. Ended up being the vacuum hose that went from the bottom of the throttle body to the valve cover. Check all of those hoses real well, they dry rot and crack.

Also check your Vac booster by disconnecting it's line and plugging it's line. Check TB to manifold bolts as well a manifold to block bolts. They can be lose from the factory but take years to show up. I have seen one missing and the jeep was 7 years old before a problem pop up.

Back