• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2" Lift - HELP!!!

TerryDean

NAXJA Forum User
HELP!!!

Quite a while back I bought a budget lift for my '01 XJ. I've got a 2" front spring spacer, 2" add a leaf rear and Skyjacker Hydro 7500 shocks. Today I finally started installing this.

First of all I removed the rear sway bar.

Then I removed the U-Bolts.

Then I removed the driver's shock. Two problems ocurred:
1. both of the mounting bolts on the top mount sheared off just below the head so I will have to tap those out.
2. These new shocks appear to be made for a shock tower. The factory shock has a hoop on both ends, this Skyjacker though has a hoop on one end and then the other end is just a threaded pole. The shocks came with the same small bar as the factory mount but there's no readily apparent way to mount them.

Does problem #2 make sense/sound familiar to anybody?

I searched for a previous topic on 2" budget lifts but couldn't find any.

The threaded pole is the top of the front shocks,
the bar pin is for the rear top, HTH
-Jack

Thanks for the advise. I reviewed further this morning and found both a front set and a rear set. The rear set does have eyes on both ends.

The bolts around the bar pin are still an issue. Stay tuned for a new thead on this topic.

Back