• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

airsoft

435Mj

NAXJA Forum User
Iv been searching through threds trying to find out how many ounces of airsoft pellets for 31x10.5's. There dosent seem to be to many threds on the smaller tires and airsoft, most of the info Iv found has been for 33s and up. Dose anyone run 31's and airsoft that can chim in? thanks tim.

Ive seen this type of thing a couple of times... but never saw a reason why its done. Why do people put airsoft pellets in there?

Its another way to balance larger than stock tires, so you dont knock off the metal ones on the rims. Also from what I understand lager tires dont really balance very well, go become unbalanced easily. I might be wrong let have some more people chime in. tim

Yes, its cause larger tires are much harder to balance. Airsoft BB's just kinda balnce where they need to. It would be better for you to just get you 31's balanced at a tire shop...

so what is the theory then...I dont understand how bbs can balance a tire...

they just do... just accept it...

I have no idea why

Someone will correct me if Im wrong, which is fine because Im just working on my theory here.
The BBs remain in the bottom of the tire as it spins, this means the tire is always heaviest at the bottom that means the heavy part of the tire doesnt spin, it stays stationary. Since its the heavy spot spinning around that causing the familiar shaking or bouncing that unbalanced tires tend to have and that heavy spot isnt spinning anymore, no more bouncing.
Thats my theory, is it sound?

I just watched a video of them in action. They seperate up and move to the lightest part of the tire. Now I know what they do but I cant find an explanation of WHY they do that.

got a link to that video?

centrifical force (wheather it exist.. lets not go there....)

IslanderXJ said:
centrifical force (wheather it exist.. lets not go there....)

I think the force at work here is "an object at rest tends to stay at rest."

oops sorry... I ment centrifugal force :lecture:

Ray H said:
Someone will correct me if Im wrong, which is fine because Im just working on my theory here.
The BBs remain in the bottom of the tire as it spins, this means the tire is always heaviest at the bottom that means the heavy part of the tire doesnt spin, it stays stationary. Since its the heavy spot spinning around that causing the familiar shaking or bouncing that unbalanced tires tend to have and that heavy spot isnt spinning anymore, no more bouncing.
Thats my theory, is it sound?
hahaahahhahahaaa boy am I glad yer not a physicist!:laugh:

the centrifugal force pushes the bbs to the outside of the tire while spinning, and settle into a group in the lightest portion of the tire, and balance it out in the same way the weights do, they will group in the same place as a mounted weight. You use it on a big tire because its a real pita to balance them and the weights would take up a rediculous amount of space on the rim. I know a lot of truckers use a similar product but sand works too, as do metal bbs(they rust though).

Do they work? Depends on many factors. I tried up to 25 onces of Dyna Beads on my 38 TSL's with no luck. I gave up and taped weights on the inside.
With a less aggressive tire It probably would have been ok. :dunno:

Back