• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DC...to bring back the XJ!!!...Woohoo!!!! (link)

Well, in a way they are, they made this:
newtitel.jpg

Was it in respond to the marketing gap the liberty created?

We all wish, and if they did I'd buy 3, as long as they are the same as they used to be built, with a few minor changes.

No more slip yoke
Front lock out hubs
D-44 rear w/e-locker
Rubi T-case
4 wheel discs

I guess its ok to dream!

xjtrailrider said:
We all wish, and if they did I'd buy 3, as long as they are the same as they used to be built, with a few minor changes.

No more slip yoke
Front lock out hubs
D-44 rear w/e-locker
Rubi T-case
4 wheel discs

I guess its ok to dream!

Maybe if we send them enough mail, the'll do like the guys at GM did, the fans got the Camaro brought back. Why couldn't we?

Phil:canada:

Sadly,
They are marketing something just like that:
jeep.patriot.front.500.jpg

Best I can tell, its 4cyl FWD drivetrain that includes AWD to all the wheels. Its hard to tell from Jeep's Website because they never really show what the technology is they talk about, I guess they figure that above the heads of their customers. (Thats true of all the Manufacturers websites though)

Things like the electronic sway bar disconnect, how the heck does that work, you think you might show a cross-section diagram so we could see how it works? Nope, people interested in the vehicle don't want to see that.

It could have been a new XJ, but I think its just another body on a Mini-Van drivetrain and platform.

But even minivans typically come with 6 cylinder engines...

Not to advertise but, Toyota does have a great website for their FJ cruiser showing all of its features and such...

Blaine B. said:
But even minivans typically come with 6 cylinder engines...

Not to advertise but, Toyota does have a great website for their FJ cruiser showing all of its features and such...
Well, that because Mini-Vans have grown into overweight boats, my 2002 Mini-Van is 800lbs heavier than my 1991 Mini-Van. Admittedly, I do enjoy all the extra features and refinement, except when I have to go to the gas pump, mileage is significantly down on the later and nicer mini-vans.

I've seen the Toyota FJ Cruiser site, and yes I agree, they do a good job; thats what the other sites need. You can actually see how the suspension, drivetrain, etc. is put together and how it works. Everyone else, you have to go to the dealer and start crawling around on the ground.

Back