• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

"New" 92 XJ

ddeadserious

NAXJA Forum User
Well here it is. Partial trade for my stripped XJ(he wanted the engine for his other XJ.)

102_0817.jpg

102_0814.jpg

102_0815.jpg

102_0816.jpg

Specs: 4in lift(who knows what brand), near new 33x12.50x15 Cooper Discoverer S/T's on 15x8 Crager soft 8's.

Lots and lots and lots of rust. I have people that are willing to assist me in welding in some new floorplans and patching some of the current floorpans.

The person who sold it to me provided me 3 pristine doors, and a new header panel. So since I pulled the passenger fender off my XJ, I'll be able to fix the headlight bezel issue. This will also solve one of the redneck hack job front fenders, I just need a drivers side one.

Plans for it - make it look just like my old XJ, but a different color.
I still have the custom front and rear bumpers, lower door diamond plate for all 4 doors, quarter panel armor, hood louvers, herculine the interior after I fix the rust, RK long arm, 5.5" RE coils, JCR 1-ton steering, 4.5" RE leaves w/ 1.5" Teraflex lift shackle, with my 33x12.50x15 trXus once I get the bigger lift on.

I already have all of the pieces except front shocks, LCA brackets, one Krawler joint, and extended brake lines.

The only thing that needs to be taken care of asap is the fact that the tranny crossmember is missing a bolt on each side because supposedly the PO(before the guy I bought it from) broke off the bolts. Any ideas on what to do about this?

Here's a pic of my old one being hauled away:tear: t'was a sad day.
101_0005.jpg

Drill them out and try to use an easy out to remove them. When this fails (and I'm pretty sure it will) go get a Heli-Coil set for that size (I forget it offhand. Take one of the existing bolts down to the hardware store to size 'em) and follow the directions.

First of all, I really miss my old XJ.

Now, onto the progress I've made.
Replaced one of the redneck fenders(have another in the garage waiting to be trimmed) and the header panel:
102_0847.jpg

cut out most of the front passenger floor, have a template, just need to cut the new metal to fit tomorrow.
102_0896.jpg

fixed the broken crossmember bolts(thanks to Jack(rubicon 1/jeepman of westland))
102_0897.jpg

102_0892.jpg

pulled the drivers side carpet, not as bad as the passenger side was.
102_0893.jpg

102_0891.jpg

got this(thanks to sledder):
102_0900.jpg

It just needs a wire feed motor and it'll be good to go. For now, I'm just going to screw in the sheet metal with self tappers until I get the welder functioning correctly.

also, got these, the last pieces to my long arm kit. Now I just need someone to weld them to my framerails.
102_0907.jpg

My $16 harbor freight angle grinder is easily the best $16 I've ever spent.

More updates soon as I'm done with classes this Thursday.

I've gotten some done over the last week. It's moving along at a tolerable pace.

102_0931.jpg

102_0932.jpg

102_0938.jpg

102_0937.jpg

102_0939.jpg

102_0946.jpg

102_0933.jpg

102_0933.jpg

102_0934.jpg

102_0935.jpg

got the header panel and one fender painted, but the primered one is giving me some trouble(need to sand it down again due to 84384 layers of different paint).

the bumper will be installed soon(the old one sucked to get off)

I just need to weld the floor panels in, but for the most part, now the front floors are taken care of, I can move on to the other stuff, then I'll take care of the rest of the floors.

I'm going to start on the doors this week, and soon enough, I'm going to install my long arm kit soon(my goal is to have it painted and have the 1-ton steering and long arms installed by memorial day weekend.

Is anyone willing to weld those LCA brackets onto my framerails for me? My little mig welder isn't enough for that.

the progress will speed up over the next 3 weeks.

102_0961.jpg

102_0962.jpg

102_0963.jpg

102_0964.jpg

102_0966.jpg

Got my two new trXus(have two others in the garage, just ran outta time today). Installed my front clip. Ground off the swaybar mounts from the axle. Ground and painted rusty spots in the wheelwells.

I set up an appt. to get my SYE installed new week. I'll be selling the 33x12.50 Discoverers this weekend to pay for my SYE.

I'll get more done tomorrow.

WVUwheeler said:
good to see that you are still making good progress. Just out of curiosity of much did the install run? if you don't mind me asking.
$150 by a local shop. Definitely worth it considering it was 90* today.
POSJ said:
Looking good man, great job on the paint.

Great job! Can't wait to see it all finished.

Back