• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3" lift

camarors8992

NAXJA Forum User
I have the opportunity to buy a used 3" Ranch lift with an add-a-leaf and rear block. I know that rear add-a-leaves suck, but that's my only option right now other than to leave it stock. I will at a later date buy full leaves and what not, but for now what do I need ? The kit comes with 3" lift coils, u bolts, shocks, and a block, and add a leaf. What issues will I have with just a basic kit like this ?

Do not forget the rear brake lines.

Longer ones off of a 95 wrangler work.

Also make sure you use PB Plaster about a week or two before you take the bolts off.

You may need new bushing on some things too.

Aliament after the install

Good Luck. I will be doing mine soon.

moparmatt said:
Do not forget the rear brake lines.
Longer ones off of a 95 wrangler work.
Also make sure you use PB Plaster about a week or two before you take the bolts off.
You may need new bushing on some things too.
Aliament after the install
Good Luck. I will be doing mine soon.
That about covers the basics. 3inches isn't bad...I'm on 32's with some trimming...

FallforAll06007.jpg

0703Gardendale021.jpg

The lift is just the beginning. If you want to use the truck, safely, you're looking at lots of armor, Disco's, and don't expect your shocks to be perfect...the RS9000's rec for a 3 inch lift are WAY to short. I've got looong shocks (bumpstopped appropriately), RE Tracbar, and JKS LCA's too.
Good Luck!

Pro Stock John said:
Pay a fair price for the AAL kit, I have to add shackles to the back of mine the Jeep sagged after 2 months of driving with my Skyjacker AAL.
Yeh, I didn't mess with AAL's. I don't like doing things more than once....that's also why I didn't mess with a BB...just about the same labor to replace the springs....

Back