• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear bumper with tire swing.

NighthawkXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Just got done building my buddy kurt a rear bumper and tire swing, thought i would show it off since he cant come get it for a couple weeks. It hooks into the stardard locations, and i made all new nut strips for the hitch. I dont think this is going anywhere.

done1.jpg

done2.jpg

done3.jpg

done4.jpg

done5.jpg

You can see the whold build at http://www.kcjeepclub.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9149

Let me know what you think!!! Personally, i told Kurt he could get bent and i would just keep it, but he says he wants it. Guess i will just have to hurry up and finish the one standing behind it so i can have one too.

peeweexj said:
That looks real good. I like the added 1/4 panel protection. I wish more companies did it like that.

How much does it weigh?

It weighs alot. I dont know how much, but this guy provided all the steel, and most of the bumper is out of 3/16 2x4 tubing and 3/16 2x2 angle on the back. I know just lifting the bumper with out the swing is around 75lbs, but with the swing, i would say add another 50 lbs. I think that is about right on it. I know it is big enough it is a two person job to move it.

The guy that is getting it wanted it heavy, as i did a bastard pack out of 2 xj packs, and it gives him about 6 inches, where the front is only 5 inches, he wanted this and a heavy duty gas tank skid that i make to even it out. Who am i to argue?

Looks great! Very nice work.

Back