• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

seal washer

mudrat

NAXJA Forum User
putting in a sye and replacing the oil seal for the front output shaft.so i repaced that but my chiltons is also calling for seal washer right behind the nut that holds on the yoke.i did find a round peice of rubber that had been pretty much destroyed behind the nut.no autoparts store is showing it in the computer neither is the dealer or the local driveline shop.anybody run into this washer?can i just use a rubber washer from the hardware store?i also dont see how i can torque down the nut with the washer behind it.

Yes it is called a spline seal, I have bought them from Advance Adapters. I'll post up the part number when I find it.

The way it is made it basicly just compresses into the viod at the end of the shaft and around the splines to keep the fluid from leaking.

Advance Adapters front output yoke for the NP 231 spline seal/seal washer is pn 300480

Installation instructions are;

"Slide the yoke seal into position on the shaft thread.

Lube the yoke as well as the seal with ATF.

A good way to keep the spline seal in good shape is to slide the yoke halfway on and walk the yoke into position with the retaining nut. Torque to 140 to 150 ft#'s with a 1 1/8 socket"

That is as it is written in the AA SYE install instructions.

I hope that helps.

Back