• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

more like a shave than a trim

xjwisconsin

NAXJA Forum User
just finished trimming down the front of my flairs to match the bumper lines and thought it turned out pretty good
2005_0503jeeptrim0007.jpg

2005_0503jeeptrim0003.jpg

88 for the most part bone stock for now... Ive been trying to work out the kinks before I start to build it up.

I got the bumper off of Ebay(some guy called ryansfab, out of pennsylvania)
I liked the guys welding skills, but Im not so sure I like the tie in, right now its only three bolts per side, Im looking at fabricating or purchasing some sort of tie in for more strength

Looks good man.

How do you like your tires? I'm running the exact same ones, and i'm not real impressed with how they're wearing. I rotate and balance them every 6K (if not sooner), and i'll be lucky to get 30K out of them.

sport06...
these tires will not last more than two years... tops, if you drive on concrete. this is the third set I have had. I had a set(slightly smaller) on my s10 2wd, almost bald in two years. thought that it was from hauling stuff around(I loaded more than enough 1ton loads of soil in the bed), so I put another set on and they wore out just as fast and I hadnt been doing the dirt hauling on them. I bought the jeep in late september, it had brand new duelers on it and I am seeing the same wear rate that I saw with them on my s10.
I conclude 2 years top end of life, not very good for the price, but are sticky as hell in the snow for the first month

xjwisconsin said:
sport06...
these tires will not last more than two years... tops, if you drive on concrete. this is the third set I have had. I had a set(slightly smaller) on my s10 2wd, almost bald in two years. thought that it was from hauling stuff around(I loaded more than enough 1ton loads of soil in the bed), so I put another set on and they wore out just as fast and I hadnt been doing the dirt hauling on them. I bought the jeep in late september, it had brand new duelers on it and I am seeing the same wear rate that I saw with them on my s10.
I conclude 2 years top end of life, not very good for the price, but are sticky as hell in the snow for the first month

Ok, so it's not me then. Mine doesn't see much off road time, about 95% street. I was impressed with how they handled rain and stuff for about the first year, as well as mud. However, now that they're getting some wear, i'm really taking advantage of the 242....especially in the rain....love that full time option!

Did some minor wheelin tonight in almost completely dry mud, and found myself spinning more than I should have been.

Never had the opportunity to really take the XJ out in snow. In the two years i've had it, we havent seen over an inch of snow (slush really), which really makes me mad.

Nice to know it's not me. I'm pretty disappointed though, they weren't exactly a cheap tire. I shoulda just spend the $$ a the time and got the Revo's. I'm runnin them on the KJ and it's the exact opposite of the 693's. You can't even tell by looking at them today that they've got over a year's worth of wear on them. And you wanna talk about sticking to the road like glue, no matter what the condition (rain, snow, sleet, mud..etc etc). I highly recommend the Revo's.

With that said, I think i'll try out the BFG's next.

Back