• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rock ratz rails?

Those look alright for light duty wheelin' but the problem is they don't attach to the pinch seam or the "frame".It seems to me that one hard hit would still transfer through to the rockers and deform them,causing your rocker to go up into your doors,good luck closing them after that.....Thats just my opinion,though,I have no real experience with them.For the money you can get better rocker protection than those.Check out aj's offroad armor or custom 4x4 fabrications site.

Last edited:
had mine on for three years now. look cool, good place for the hi-lift to connect, and no clearance issues. hard-core rock climbers would destroy them, but for a trail and camping guy there great.:cheers:

X2 on JCR. that price is way too much for that kind of rail. might be fine for light wheeling but why pay that much when you can get something good. if it was 99 bucks then it would be alright. way too much cash...

wounded xj--I've been contemplating the Protofab sliders, but you're the first person I've heard of running them. I like the look of their design, but the solid skid plate looks as if it might be a place for mud and junk to accumulate. What's your experience? How far does the tube extend from the bottom of the doors?

We don't get much mud here in Arizona so I did not think about it when I bought them, but you do have a point so I ran out and checked. Last weekend on a group trip to Florence the area saw about a 1" of rain so it did make the area muddy. I looked underneath and discovered only a small amount of mud. More mud was on the three tubes that run to the frame, but I'm sure if you spent more time in the mud it would find a way to get up in there. Here are a few pics of them.

This is the mud area in question.

100_0582.jpg

Here is the tube to the door

100_0581.jpg

100_0580.jpg

100_0579.jpg

If I were to do it again I would still buy them!

wascobi said:
had mine on for three years now. look cool, good place for the hi-lift to connect, and no clearance issues. hard-core rock climbers would destroy them, but for a trail and camping guy there great.:cheers:
While they may be strong enough to use a hi-lift, youll find they are to far "inboard" and the lift bar would "taco" the door itself.

Back