• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Zj front coils & what rears?

miketyson

NAXJA Forum User
ive heard zj front coils add about 1-1.5" lift while stiffening a bit and compensating for things like steel bumpers.. all that sounds good but what rear packs would you use to match the level? i'm assuming zj packs dont fit, do factory xj packs match? anyone done this before? blocks and shackles are out of the question b/c i need new packs back there anyway... how much lift would this give if any?

No Leafs

ZJs are Coil front and rear so no they wouldn't fit. You could go with shackles or blocks or the best way would be add a long add a leaf. That leaves your pinion angle the same and then you don't have to worry about wrapping your axles with the blocks. JMO

Take the main leaf from a scrap/donor XJ rear leaf springs, and cut the eyes off each end. You'll wind up with an add-a-leaf that matches your spring rate perfectly, rides surprisingly well, and adds 1.5"-2" of lift. (Higher if you start/use 'up-country' package springs.)

Cheap, works well, and keeps the ride quality.

:)

my current packs are pretty bad though.. rides almost perfectly flat if i'm lucky... where do i get new packs & will HD packs give enough lift to match zj coils?

Back