• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Shoes-Maxxis Bighorns 32X11.50

jelrod

NAXJA Forum User
Before old Procomp Muds 31X10.50=28.5" tall
newshoes002.jpg

After Maxxis Bighorns=31" tall
newshoes004.jpg

newshoes006.jpg

newshoes003.jpg

I love those tires. Best tire for the price in my opinion. If I would have known about these before I got my BFG's I definately would have got a set of them.

How do you like those Bighorns on the road? Im thinging about a set of 32s for my Xj too, I found a good price for a set on Ebay with free shipping so why not.

It seems like everyone has been getting on these tires. They seem like there a pretty good deal for the price. What kind of terrain do these excel in?

They're great on the highway.

I havne't really wheeled them hard yet but so far they've done well in snow, rocks, and slight water.

I have not gotten them into sand or mud (mud probably won't happen!). They will see some good rock action later on.

2000_XJ said:
How do you like those Bighorns on the road? Im thinging about a set of 32s for my Xj too, I found a good price for a set on Ebay with free shipping so why not.
There awsome on road and will shortly find out how good offroad.

how big do they 32s actually measure out to be? 31 inches?

ill be doing alot of highway miles going to college next year and need a tire that wont make horrible howling while driving or a vibration, i mean for an offroad tire some is to be expected but i dont want to be anoyed for 30 minutes every day. these good on wet pavement? i heard the bfg mts are not good...

Mtb Jak said:
how big do they 32s actually measure out to be? 31 inches?

ill be doing alot of highway miles going to college next year and need a tire that wont make horrible howling while driving or a vibration, i mean for an offroad tire some is to be expected but i dont want to be anoyed for 30 minutes every day. these good on wet pavement? i heard the bfg mts are not good...
Yep right at 31"

I'm running the 31x10.5 tires, but haven't measured them yet. great so far in everything I'd put them through, mud, sand, rocks.

grip very nicely on wet roads, too. I guess the siping helps with that. You can definately hear them about 30mph, 50mph if the stereo is on (adult volume, not college volume). No vibes from the tires, and they took very little weight to balance. one tire didn't need any weights at all!

for such a cheap tire, I'm amazed at how well they are doing. put around 3000 miles on them so far. I've heard they have problems with cupping, but nobody I know has personally experienced it. *knocks on wood*

Back