• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seatbelt ?

MT Mike

NAXJA Forum User
My driver side seatbelt latch broke. Any one know if the 2 door (I have an 89 2 door) and the 4 door latches are the same length? If anyone has both a 2 door and a 4 door, would you do a quick measurement for me? I want to resolve this as fast as possible before Murphy's Law kicks in. Thanks, Mike

If you mean the piece between the seats, the female end, yes, they're the same. I have swapped one from an 89 2-door into a 95 4 door. Length is the same, and they're the same right and left. The belts themselves differ entirely, though.

Matthew Currie said:
If you mean the piece between the seats, the female end, yes, they're the same. I have swapped one from an 89 2-door into a 95 4 door. Length is the same, and they're the same right and left. The belts themselves differ entirely, though.

Yes, I was talking about the female end, the latch spring is what broke. Thanks for the info, it's exactly what I needed.

My wife just called me to let me know that SHE went to the junkyard, SHE pulled a new female half of seatbelt, and SHE replaced said part. God, I love that woman!:laugh3:

Back