• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

value of hpd30 locked

traitor5150

NAXJA Forum User
I know someone that is offering to buy my front HPD30 with 4.88' and an arb. I set this axle up about a year ago had new balljoints and wheel bearings then so it's pretty mutch mint. Someone is offering me $700 for it and might take it in favor of a hp44 that im going to build from 75 ford f100. Im just hesitant because I think the axle may be worth more what do you guys think the value of a used setup is. Im just not a big fan of dana 30's when running over 33's so I dont feel there worth that mutch.

Depends...

When I got my Currie D44 they gave me $500 core for my D30 brackets. I sold my ARB for $350. The rest, shafts etc...I just tossed in the garage.

Then again...$700 in the hand is worth more than $1000 in the bush....ya know?
Rev

Last edited:
What brand unit bearings and balljoints? What axle shafts? How are the rotors and calipers?

It's probably worth that much. I wouldnt pay that much, but I've seen 30's polished go for more than 1500.

i would say it is worth more to the right person, and personally i would sell it for more than that, but its up to you. You know that the air locker is 600 bones new or used, and gears and install is probably another 200 just in parts. so 700 is kinda low, especially if it has not been beat on that hard. But if the guy is friend, thats another story. Heck i gave my budy an xj with a litle front end damage for free to help him out.

Some might scoff, but i figure that axle is worth about 1000 bucks, thats about what is in it.

Back