• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty's + Canada = No Go?

J-Roc

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know why he doesn't ship to Canada? Looking to buy 2" coils off him, but I can't register on his site to buy them! Or am I just intardnet crippled? What gives?

from what I've heard you're lucky, poor service even down in US., consider yourself warned, lots of poor quality issues and worse customer service.

I know of the crappy customer service, but :S
RE coils are the same but they don't sell a 2" full coil, don't really want to run a spacer... Not too many options

do your self a favor and phone your order in and have them e-mail or fax a confermation and tracking number it's how I deal with everyone and I have very few issues and never one with rustys

Unless you're a glutton for punishment, go to Canadian Tire, or I now of a good off road guy near New Hamburg and order quality parts, you can get skyjacker coils at Canadian Tire in a week, so much simpler.

Haven't priced out $ky-jacker here yet... I know CT can get anything listed on Driverfx.ca tho.

Thanks for the friendly reminder. :roll:

Fawkin Cambodian Tire

Oil Town XJ said:
Rusty's does take Canadian customers you just have to order by phone

Yerah.

Personally I'll never phone those asshats again. But that's me.

Be aware he ships UPS and you will be changed at least the part's price in shipping and a hefty brokerage fee on the top.

Never had a problem with Rusty's in fact I recommend them to friends, order by phone and you should be good to go. No matter who the company ships with there's a brokerage fee to cross border.

I've had one bad dealing with Rusty out of 3 purchases so I guess it was decent odds. I wont do business with him again after the most recent foul up only because I feel he lied to me after I gave him more than ample opportunities to fess up and make things right.

if you're looking for coils I would discourage you from ordering his. I had his 3" coils and they sagged like wet socks on a rooster and I honestly don't wheel that much. They ran 3 trails in about 2 years and got to where I had to run 2 sets of spacers and they still weren't level with the back. :bs:

well as for quality i have only had mine in for about 6 months, no problems yet either with sagging or with anything else... as for customer service, i haven't had any problems in order to need it yet so i can't really comment...

all i know is that they do ship to Canada, or course it isn't cheap mind you.... their 3" full spring pack kit is $418 or something USD, they charged me $175 USD for shipping (i live in NL)... then i got nailed with $120 CDN for duty and brokerage, i believe the package was 116 LBS though.... if i remember correctly it was like $830 CDN for everything to my door... i placed a phone order aswell

Thanks for the advice guys, I am just looking at ordering 2" coils, not a complete kit, and I am doing a bastard pack in the rear end (already have my 1/2T chev leafs). I want to avoid dropping my Tcase (and from what I have read I am more prone to vibs @ 3" /w my 242)

Who else offers a 2" coil for an XJ? I found out that Rough Country does, but I have rode in a 4.5" RC kit and it was eight shades of decent. I know that OME does, but thats BIG $$$.

Just for your info, my 87 d44 laredo has a 5" bastard lift with unknown front springs(picked them up at a junkyard by measurements only in comparison to an xj spring) and I have a np 242 with 0 vibes, and I mean zero, now I do have an angled shim in the rear but I thought you'd want to know, every xj is different but there u go. Transfer case is dropped 1" but thats the easiest mod you'll do.

Back