• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rough Counrty 6.5" X-series

mundur5

NAXJA Forum User
Hey whats up guys,

Does anybody have any experience with the rough country 6.5" X-series lift? Is the quality good? will it last? are the individual components tough?

The reason I am asking is because I have want to go to 35's. I have bushwackers so they should fit, right? Also I am looking at this kit becuase it is fairly cheap. The reason I would pick this is because I also have to get the SYE and CV driveshaft, and I would like to re-gear to 4.56's all at one time.

I was thinking to combine this kit, with RE drop brackets, ACOS spacers in the front and tereflex revolver shackles in the rear. I go wheeling every now and then but when I do, I go to uwharrie. This is a daily driver and I am in college, and that is why I want to keep it cheap.

What do you think? Is there a better option that is not to much more expensive?

Search for rough country, you won't find many positive things about them.

You won't need the ACOS...
Revolvers SUCK (once again.... search)

Put that money into a decent kit!!! (RE 5.5, RK 6.5, TnT etc... These will all clear 35s W/trimming)

At 6.5" you will definitly want long arms or drop brackets. I am at 6.5" with short arms, and it's not too road friendly! I've got mostly Rusty's stuff in front, but my custom bastardized rear setup rides great! (Fortunutly it's not my DD!)

I drove a friends TJ with the kit your looking at, and it was even worse, rode like a 2X4.

Last edited:
Back