• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

shock mount placement?

beakie

NAXJA Forum User
so I ordered the RuffStuff Axle shock mounts for the 8.25.
I plan on putting them on Friday, but would like to know if there is a 'prime' place to put them.
I take it the originals are where they are for a reason, but should I put these somewhere further out on the axle, tho there isn't much further to go. Or is closer in better for some reason.

this is the part
Shock Mounts

thanks for any advice on the matter.

On my 9 inch, I put them in the same orientation as stock, only on the axle in lieu of below it.
The upper end in the floor is canted, I wanted the shock to sit in the recess still, which put the axle end in roughly the same location as stock, again I just raised them up.
I had a worn out pair, and attached the top. then let the shock come to it's best resting place in the upper mount and tacked the bottoms in.

The problem is the exhaust routing, if you move both forward of the axle then you will have to deal with that on the right side. Everything I've read here also suggests that the "one in front one in back" helps reduce axle wrap. I followed GoJeep's example and repositioned the stock mounts out of the line of fire, cheap and easy.

Back