• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Full Traction 3.5 inch installed

hemiriffic

NAXJA Forum User
Just installed the full traction 3.5 inch kit (yeh I know its an AAL but funds were limited) And a few people were wondering about it so I thought I'd give the scoop up to this point ....
Ordered it from 4wd Hardware and got it drop shipped in like 5 days ... not to bad.
Kit was pretty complete was missing the bar pins for the rear shocks(shocks did not come with the kit) other than that all was good.
First impressions was that everything looked built pretty good coils are beefy and it comes with 2 aal s for each side and they become your 2nd and 4th springs.
aslo included is a track bar relocation bracket which is also pretty stout and sway bar discos ... more on those later. ...also various nuts bolts and crappy instructions which really aren t needed.
Install was straight forward the rear spring wraps aren t wide enough but bend into place with a little effort and swearing.
The Lca s look good but didn t put them on as I was pressed for time they are the same length as stock.
Didn't snap a single bolt !!!! amazing up here in NY!!!!
Install took about 11 hours and that included both front axle u bolts being replaced.(gotta replace the driveshat cardan joint next)
Ok those discos .... ummmm they are 3 piece with 2 pins and the center "shaft" comes out of the top and bottom ... holy crap do they ever make noise! to me...if they move enough to make that kind of noise(yes they are on correct and tight)thenthey are gonna shit the bed soon.

Overall not a bad kit for the money the rid was very wagon like but after about 300 miles it has softened a bit and I'm still at a little over 3.5 inches.

I have the same lift and the same problems. The rear spring wraps I could never get on and the u-bolts were the wrong ones. I used the factory bolts, just long enough. The ride in the front is nice but the rear tends to kick back like there is way to much rebound in the shocks. I got the shocks in the kit, bilstin 5150. I am going to change the shocks pretty soon to the rancho 9000. Since the initial installation I have changed the swaybar disco's (orig ones sent are crap and very dificult to realign on the trail to hook back up). Added a procomp 1" spring spacer in the front and 1.5 teraflex rear shackles. After adding the shackles the ride in the rear got a little better but not much.

Back