• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

231 AMC T-case ?

A couple of us were wondering what the differences (if any) are between a 231AMC and an NP231. I also need to know if I can get a 23spline planet set for it. Even out of an NP231C? (suggested by 87manche in the Mod Tech section)

I'm tired of dinking around with the NP242s in my life and was hoping this would work for a t-case upgrade in my 92.

The input spline count may be different.Check the tag for a series of # starting with 5300-xxxx.You will need to know these last 4 # to match the series of TC that you want to swap parts with.There looks to be about a dozen different part numbers covering all the years and motor combinations.It may be easier to replace the whole TC with one with the input you want.The 231AMC case in my 87 has a 21 spline input,it,s behind a BA 5/10 Pugoat(pos) Broken tranny.
Externally they are all the same IIRC.
Wayne

Last edited:
Well, I've had plenty of practice R&Ring these cases now. Just got an NP231 out of a 97 today and already have it in and it works. I'm not that scared of replacing the planets now. I just read around here about using 231C parts, so I may pick up the AMC t-case anyway to do the mods while keeping the heep running.

So thanks dude.

Back