• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pimped Out in 5 Days

xjk9bar1

NAXJA Forum User
Well I get back from Iraq and I'm on vacation...go to the wife's work (Jeep Dealership), and there's a '96, 2 door in the lot. They took it in a couple of days prior...long story short, I have it the same day for just over $1,500.

Picture4002.jpg

3 days later and lift party (RE3.5 w/ new leafs and 32's on 15x8 soft 8's)
Picture5002.jpg

The next 2 days...Kenwood deck, new 5.25" and 6.5" Pioneer speakers, 2 & 4-channel Kenwood Amps, and P1 sub
Picture4006.jpg

Picture4007.jpg

As the former Colorado Chapter Secretary (who sold his XJ then built an Unlimited), it's good to have an XJ again, especially as my DD.

JoeyB

Looks really good Joey. Thanks for doing what you do and I'm glad you're home safe. If I can figure out my shackle dilemma I might be down this weekend to give mine a little makeover. :cheers:

Thanks for your service!

that is a great lookin rig.. great start.. now it begins.......LOL

looks great! how do you like those 3.07's with the 32's?

first let me say THANK YOU for willing to put your life on the line to serve our country :cheers: :us: :NAXJA:

awesome score on the xj, and you remind me of myself last time i got a new to me xj i put a bb on it that very day lol. :cheers: its amazing how beautiful lifted xjs look

Looks awesome Joey! So, you gonna be at the Chinaman's run on the 21st of April :D. Looks exactly like something I want to pick up for a DD. Something I can throw on 31's, and keep purty! That and I cannot thank you all who serve / have served enough (proud to have been a military brat, though that might change...) :us: :patriot:

sgt_ic3m4n said:
Did you texture coat the bottom of that thing or is it just flat black?
The previous owner had done some clear coat protector on the rockers and it was peeling so I scuffed it up and repainted it with Rustoleum Black Hammerite.

XbajajeepX said:
how do you like those 3.07's with the 32's?
It's not that bad...I have a 10 mile commute at 55-60 mph. Just a little slow getting up to cruising speed LOL

2000_XJ said:
Nice truck man, how do those 32s do with that lift? you have any rubbing or other problems?
Before the lift arrived I trimmed out the fenders:
Picture4013.jpg

Picture4012.jpg

MrMrsXJ said:
Great deal on the new XJ. Looks great. Thanks for your service. Now get out and get the Jeep dirty.
If I could sell this one:
P5050060a.jpg

The XJ would go under a major transformation...!!!!!!!!!

JoeyB

MUDFLAP said:
Did you do a SYE? Jeep looks great! I lifted mine 3 days after buying it,never even got a "before" pic.Thanks for serving.

No, I just dropped the T-case an inch to get rid of the vibes. As a DD I wasn't worried about an SYE...if I build it for wheeling, that will be the one of the first things along w/ a 4 to 1 :)

That was definitely one sweet deal - never hurts to have family in the business though! :thumbup:

But..... it's a 5 speed..... everyone knows you can't wheel worth a crap with one of those. Led must be SO disappointed in you Joey.... :D

Back