• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to put switches in a 97+? Sorta pic request

summitlt

NAXJA Forum User
I had a 90 MJ and the factory foglight switches were great for everything i needed. Had them all in the factory panels and it looked 100% factory. I want that on my new 99 XJ, any good place to put them? I was thinking in front of the shifter on the console.

Then why not do the same on the 99,do a search, its quite old but covers this!

if you don't have an overhead console, this seems to work pretty well for me ....

IMG_1118.jpg

Switches are pretty easy to install. If you do not have the overhead console/trip computer then use a switch box. If you do have one just put the switches on the console.

Depending on how many switches, on my 98 sport I put one low profile switch on the flat spot in front of the 4x4 handle. I also took apart the center console, and removed the black internal piece, basically the whole center compartment. I have a few switches in there, lined up along the front. Great place for switches you don't want messed with or if you simply want them hidden. I will try for pics in the morning. If you want more than that, gonna have to be a switch box somewhere.

I have mine in the trim piece on the shifter. I can get to the underside of them then without having to pull the whole console. and it's not to hard to run wire to that spot with the console in place eather. I use 22awg to relays under the hood, and in the back.

FitchVA said:
if you don't have an overhead console, this seems to work pretty well for me ....

IMG_1118.jpg

That box looks great.. Did you buy it or build it?
I would put that in my heep even if I no use for switches!

Back