• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adding a clock

wbugar

NAXJA Forum User
I'd like to add a clock to a 95 sport, after taking the dash bezel (hope that's the right term) off, I find that there is no connector for it. Darn. Guess it was an option on this model. So, anyone know the "purpose" of the 5 wires coming out of it (black, blue, orange, yellow, red) and a good place to splice 'em into the harness?
Thx,
Bill

The last year the clock was offered was 91. So for your year, the connector is non-existent. You could look at this site for some pointers. He added a clock without a harness. I did the same thing to my 88, except i just pulled the bezel and plugged it in. (Since it was an option in 88) Easier than it seems, you just hook constant to fuse block, and memory and ground can be spliced onto the cig. lighter. Good Luck

http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoDashClock.htm

the panel intensity input, Correct me if im worng is so when you pull the headlight switch out and turn it left and right it will dim and brighten as the rest of the dash.

The clock is easy to install w/o a harness. Using gojeeps' site, I wired up a 91 clock in my 96. Ran the switched power wire and the ground wire to the cig lighter, and ran a constant wire to the fusebox. I only used those three wires. The others are not necessary.

You could probably run the constant wire to your radio's constant power wire which keeps the radio from losing time and presets.

That would cut down on some through-firewall wiring :)

Blaine B. said:
That would cut down on some through-firewall wiring :)

But the clock and fusebox are on the SAME side of the firewall. :)

A little side question, I see the time displayed in the little upper display part of the clock and am wondering what is supposed to be displayed in the larger middle section and smaller bottom section?

Back