• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubi retainer plate #?

LivinUpXJ

NAXJA Forum User
well after calling the jeep dealership to get retainer plates for my disc conversion kit they said they have 2 different parts for it (i asked for rubicon retainer plates with disc brakes) One is BRW 5083678AA AND THE OTHER IS BGA 5010811AA. Anyone know which one i use? someone whos done this before still have the part number?

aight now i have them ordered but why do i have to get them redrilled? The rubicon 44 is different from the XJ 44?

LuVmyJeepXJ said:
aight now i have them ordered but why do i have to get them redrilled? The rubicon 44 is different from the XJ 44?

Check out these pages. I am working on figuring this out over the next few months. This is the only info that I have found on it... so far

Cherokee... Pattern = 2"Hx3.3125W
http://tsmmfg.com/2562_44.htm

97+ TJ Pattern Top holes are 3.1975 apart, bottom holes are 3.5625 apart with a vertical spacing at 1.594
http://tsmmfg.com/2563_44.htm

Sorry to hijack but, is there any other place to order these retainer plates. Any on-line dealers or stores. My local dealer wants $8.00 each and I think thats a little steep. I've seen other post with people saying $3 to $4 each is the going price.

umm are you serious? haha its just 8 bucks i mean im cheap but damnn

The problem is, our local Jeep dealership just sold out to the local dodge dealership. The guys behind the counter can't find anything and don't know jeep parts. So next trip, I provide them with the part number and after a blank stare and 5 minutes of searching the guy finally finds it in the computer. He said, we don't stock that part but I can order it for you. Two to three days and $8.00 each. With my luck, they would probably get the wrong part.
Now every post that I have read about adding disc brakes said they spent $6.00 for both retainer plates. So why is my local dealership charging $8.00 each.
I just don't trust this dealership yet.
If I have to spend $16.00 on $6.00 worth of parts, then I might as well buy them from someone that knows the right part.

Last edited:
well if it makes you feel any better i think my dealership is a crack farm and there are some shady people there, but its only retainer plates, and mine were 10 bucks each, so your def not the most expensive

Retainer plates were $14 out here (each) $11 with my discount.
Wayne

I think 2 years ago they were $3 each because they was nobody looking for them.... Now they know that we are after them and Capitalism is in high gear.

Back