• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Upcountry Suspension Group and Small Lift - Help!

nrd2052

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all,

This is my first post on NAXJA.
I got a 2k1 XJ Limited two weeks ago with the Upcountry Suspension Group. First of all, how exactly does that group differ from the base trim line? Secondly, how does it affect my ability to lift the Jeep using a BB or some other from of a conservative (2-3") lift?

Any insight would be appreciated!

--Neall

Up country packages should be sitting about 1" higher than an XJ without it. It might also have:
-Trac-loc in the rear diff
-Front and rear tow hooks
-Front skid (not too sure how practical this skid is)
-T/C skid
-Gas tank skid
-No rear swaybar
-I think they might have even had heavier duty shocks than the standard models as well.

I currently have an 98 with an upcountry package with a teraflex 2" BB on top of it. Albeit, it's not the best way to get to 3" but its definitely a cheap way to get there. The ride isn't the best but I'm sure it could be worse than some kits that sit higher than 3" with stock UCA/LCA's. I can fit 31's under it with stock wheels with only minor rubbing on the LCA's at full lock. I'm going to be swapping everything out in a couple weeks with a much better RE 4.5" kit.

I have a 2000 UpCountry with a 2" spacer and Add a Leaf lift. It all works exactly that same as any other XJ and you get to keep the 1" you already had from the factory.

Back