• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

First XJ!

jman

NAXJA Forum User
I just picked it up on Monday. Completely stock right now, but once I save up some cash i have plans for it

Hey JMAN thats a nice XJ. Where did you get it? I used to live in Marietta and there are some real good deals to be had there. Best of luck. As previously asked what are your plans for it???

well im a kid and its my first car, so nothing crazy because i need to drive it to school everyday. but first thing to do is work all summer and get some money. Id like to put a 3" lift on it by rubicon express because ive heard good things about them and also that it doesnt sacrifice ride quality too much. Then 31" all terrain tires with the standard black steel wheels. after that id like to look into new bumpers and such. but when i get these all depends on how much money i make this summer

Very good score brother! She's purddy! Do a lot of thinkin before you lift her, make sure you're at the the height you're going to want instead of having to do it twice!$!

Do a lot of research man, that's my best advice. And when you think you've got the plan nailed, search s'more and then ask more questions. Oh, and learn how to weld! Lord knows I still need to learn...

There's a HUGE difference between wanting A good-looking XJ, An off roadable daily driver XJ, and one of those- Take You Just About Anywhere, Trail-Certified XJ's! Figure out what you're really going to want 1st.
By hooking up with other owners that'll take you/let you drive their rigs, you'll learn tons of 1st hand knowledge. Take it as it is on rides with your new friends and see what she can already do for you, you're going to be surprised at what this thing is capable of already!

Good Luck! And have a good time, that's what it's all about isn't it?!

Nice one man. Since we're on the subjects of lifts I am looking into a 3" lift w/31's in the near future. I need it to be an off-roadable DD. Any suggestions on what type of lift kit I should use and how hard they are to install yourself. I do have access to a lift. Thanks in advance , Nick:peace:

this is to jeepndrum. My cousin reccomended Rubicon Express. they have the super-ride 3.5" lift and they say it will maintain factory like road handling. It will fit 31x10.5 inch tires they say. The only problem i see with it is its price.
They ask $600 for it and it doesn't come with shocks. Just today i was looking at a Rustys lift. They have a 3" one for $420 with shocks. They also say that it will handle well on road. Now that seems like a good price, but id have to do some reasearch and find some reviews. I hope that helped.

yeah but thats the add a leaf one. i just assumed it would be easier to put on new springs rather than add one. have you done it before?

jman, thanks for the info. The rustys 3" seems like a popular choice for a lot of people.

Anyone know of a chart that will help me figure out what transfr case and rear end I have?

Last edited:
jeepndrum said:
jman, thanks for the info. The rustys 3" seems like a popular choice for a lot of people.

Anyone know of a chart that will help me figure out what transfr case and rear end I have?

Either send pictures or give more info on what you have...pretty much you have a D30 front and D35 rear and an off chance on a 8.25 rear.

POSJ said:
Either send pictures or give more info on what you have...pretty much you have a D30 front and D35 rear and an off chance on a 8.25 rear.

I have a 2001 2dr XJ . the rear end has 10 bolts kinda oval shaped with the plug at the bottom left

you mean right side on the plug?
dana35.jpg

Dana35

here is the pos 35, i mean dana 35

IMG_0504.jpg

Back