• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My almost really bad day.

Jess

NAXJA Forum User
I have been looking for a trailer for a while and the other day, while looking through the paper I found one I liked. When I got home with it, I put the trail rig on it and went to back it into place, out of the way.
I usually park the trail rig next to my house, beside a drainage ditch with about a six foot retaining wall. Whenever I went to put the trailer, with the Jeep on it, in place the ground and then the wall started to crumble.
PICT0015.jpg

I immediately chained the DD to the trailer and attached the trail rig to the trailer...since the rear passenger tire almost slid off the trailer when the wall broke.
PICT0017.jpg

At that time I called fellow Jeepers and help came! Thanks rredalty (Matt)
PICT0035-1.jpg

We deflated the driver side tires on the trailer to attempt to level it as much as possible. Then I had to drive the Jeep off the trailer, without dumping it on its top. Matt put a tow strap through the windows and hooked it to the winch and kept tension on me while I pulled it off.
PICT0041.jpg

PICT0055.jpg

PICT0058-1.jpg

While pulling off the trailer the only damage that was done is a busted tail light to the trail rig...I caught it with my front bumper.

When it was all done, I got a good deal on a trailer, no real damage was done, and I learned not to put heavy things on soft, unstable ground.

Nice save. Also, Just to clarify, you have a daily driver xj, a trail rig xj and then another cherokee for hauling your trail rig plus one that you are chopping in the garage... you are lucky lol :rof:

Chris

2000xjclassic said:
Nice save. Also, Just to clarify, you have a daily driver xj, a trail rig xj and then another cherokee for hauling your trail rig plus one that you are chopping in the garage... you are lucky lol :rof:

Chris

Yes I do. The wife loves XJ's also. The white one is my DD (89 Laredo stock), the black one is the wife's DD (94 country stock with trimmed fenders and 31's), and the project in the garage (87 chopped...soon to have a running engine and a full cage with custom bumpers), and the trail rig (95 sport with 3" and 35's and alot of body damage). Whenever the project is done, the wife is going to wheel my current trail rig.

As a side note I am looking for a tow rig and possibly trade my DD for it. The only catch is I need something with room for at least 4 occupants (wife and 2 kids). I am up for any offers.
The country will not pull the trail rig and the trailer...I don't want to burn the tranny out.

Vanquish said:
You'd be the coolest person on here, the only one to roll his truck in his driveway!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I always thought I might roll the trail rig, but never thought it would be on the trailer and in the front yard at the time.

File 05 said:
cool stuff man, glad you made it through without any real damage.

BTW what the hack you got on your hood?

toliet flanges.

While wheeling I pull the caps off to vent exhaust heat. I know its redneck, but it works and it was cheap.

Good save... i was going to ask the same about the hood things.. trippy

Nice save!

I probably would have sh*t myself when the trailer sunk into the ground, had it been me.

I've been in the same situation before and it scared the shit out of me! It was dark, the jeep was blocking my view of the ground, and the side of the driveway crumbled.

nice flex coming off the trailer! lol

nice save! toilet flanges? could you put up a closer pic? I love seein different stuff like that and redneck it may be, but i think it's innovative.

JeepDawg said:
Nice rigs! Confederate flags make me nervous.

i got in a pretty good fight with a dude over a confederate flag belt buckle.

it was the size of a large softball.

he made a comment about my tee shirt saying the f word on it.

i told him he looked like a hillbilly faggot.

he tried to pull some "we dont like your kind around here california boy" type shit with me.

its amazing how fast people learn to shut the f__k up after a headbutt.

and thats why we dont have slaves anymore.

the end.

Back