• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

GO JEEPS WHITE GUAGES, PIC!

tkjeeper

NAXJA Forum User
Thanks Go Jeep! Love the look, also went with the blue led rope light behind the guage panel, although I left the stock lights in there and they sort of drown out the blue so I may remove the stock bulbs next time I'm in there but I love them.

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t72/tkjeeper/PICT0926.jpg

Sorry about the date, camera was wrong and a little blurry but wanted the best effect. Thanks.

Very happy with mine,did you pull the condoms of the bulbs?? Mine are still green. How did yours fit? With a little trimming mine were great!I had them printed on vinyl.

Thanks mate. ;)
See you had trouble photographing it at night too. It really lights up well at night and excellent all over coverage, but when you try a take a photo of it, it leaves it looking like there are huge dark spot in the middle??

Did I do what to the bulbs? I just left the stock bulbs as they were, never even thought of them, like I said I would like to block them or something when I am back in the guage cluster. Any suggestions? Next time I think I will have it printed on something else, just used paper and laminated them but there is a slight glare in daylight. But looks great and am very happy with them.

He he, the 'condoms' he is talking about is a colored sleave that fits over the bulb to change its color.
As you have used the LED rope like this,
Whiteback4.jpg

Whiteback3.jpg

you should have just removed the bulbs altogether.

ah yes, thanks Marcus, yes I did not do anything to the stock light bulbs, they look tough to get at but I think I will remove them immediately. Thanks.

Simple twist and pull job for each one.

Where do you get those rope lights from? I've never seen them that small. They could be handy in several locations.

Rope lights I got from Walmart, but just had to remove them they werent working, must have pinched them off or something, pick up another set soon, yes I see the bulbs and condoms are quite easy to remove. Have to try again with the rope light though.

Back