• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quadratec Heavy Duty Springs Pics.

StevieRT

NAXJA Forum User
I know this has been discussed a million times and people always ask how much lift they get out of them. I have a 98 classic that has 103,000 miles and had the Chinese disease pretty bad.......Draggin' Ass. I put them on this weekend and I took some before and after pictures to try and show everyone. How do I post them on the board? There is no "attachments" feature. The job was a pain in the ass but after buying 4 new bolts from mopar after having to cut all of the originals off, they are finally on. The 'after' pic doesn't really show the amount of lift as much as there actually is because my driveway is on a hill, but I would guess that from where the old ones were sagging to where it rides now is about 3 inches.

you have to host the pictures on a site like photobucket (never used it but heard its popular)
once there they will give you a location for the picture, copy that and you'll see above where you write on here a small yellow picture of a mountain and circle in the top right corner. click on that, paste the link location for your photo and click ok... all good.

looks right and wow those "before" pics are squatting worse than mine did with a trailer. Still have the old springs? Post a pic of those if you can.

The old springs I got rid of right away sorry, no pics. When I finally got the old ones off and put them side by side with the new ones, they were the exact same, but the difference was that the new ones had little 'give' to them while the old ones would move alot more. The ride is surprisingly good though. They were 140 for the pair plus another 30ish for the bushings. Only problem is now I have a VERY slight vibration between 30-45 mph. I read it might be due to the driveline angles changing so much and that I'll need to get a SYE or a t-case drop (which is frowned upon?) or something similar to eliminate it. I cannot afford that now though and I really dont plan on ever lifting the Jeep so I think I can live with it.

You won't need a SYE, just get some degree shims, and add them until your vibration goes away.

It also could be that you have a u-joint on the verge of failure, so i'd get under there and check around for that before you do anything else.. The steeper driveline angles could cause a failing ujoint's vibrations to be much more pronounced.

Back