• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Smaller Battery for OBA

Mattyboy

NAXJA Forum User
Yes, I searched.

There's plenty of information out there on OBA configurations. Most folks that use a York style compressor for their OBA move their battery to the driver side. However, I'd like to keep it where it's at so I can set up a dual-battery system later, and keep it all under the hood. (I use my cargo area extensively to take the family camping.)

Has anyone tried using a smaller battery in the stock position? Perhaps something for a Mazda Miata or something like that? Will the battery size hinder its performance significantly?

Thoughts, feedback, flames? Fire away.

I think if you search "[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Odyssey" or "smaller battery" you'll find something along these lines.
one to get you started
smaller battery yields
[/FONT]http://www.naxja.org/forum/search.php?searchid=1475064
not many, but it is talked about in there on atleast one that I saw.

We already have rather small batteries, so I don't think you'd want anything to small, but the Oddesey's are pretty good from past reading, and in a much smaller package.

I don't think there's enough room to put a smaller battery next to the York compressor. But I could be wrong.

I'm in the process of doing a York install. I got a Mean Green tray over where the airbox was. But I noticed that my Red Top won't clear the hood line. So I'm going with the Odyssey 1200.

If you want a York setup AND dual batteries, just put the batteries in the back. You could build a nice enclosure so that you can still stow gear on top of the batteries.

Back