• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brakelines and shock length. ~5.5" lift and TNT arms

HeavyMetal

NAXJA Forum User
so im going to be at ~5.5" with the TNT long arms soon. lets talk shock lengths. to the best of my understanding, a good length for a setup like this would be 10-12" travel, is this correct/peoples general experience here? ill be doin the bilstein 5150s. also i assume i need the piece to covert to an eye-eye setup because 5150s dont come with stems?

also, i have the RE 4.5 superflex right now with whatever length steel braided brake lines that comes with, and im going to assume im gonna need longer ones now with the 5.5 tnt , what do you guys run for something like this/what should i be lookin to buy/where?

gonna be ridin on 35x12.5 cooper STTs w/ ravine wheels/2" spacers. im pretty psyched and wanna do this all right at once and have it be right without having to go back and guess check and revise the whole thing, so any help you guys with prior experience with a setup like this can give me would be appreciated
scruffy_smiley.gif

oh and what kinda bumpstopping you guys running for this in front? im gonna be on 3.5BS w/12.5" wide tire

The longest front Skyjacker shock for the XJ is only 28.5" inches extended. Pro Comp makes one that measures 31" extended... same price $30.
This is the shock I am running with 6.5" and long arms.

The only way you're going to know for sure that you'll like what you get is to install the y-link and flex it out with shocks/brake lines disconnected. The TnT setup is pretty much only limited by the driveshaft.

i wouldnt say thats entirely accurate, someone with 5.5" of lift with a TNT setup is gonna have the same XJ as me. just lookin for shock travel length and brake lines people have gone with. i cant afford the time to install the lift, then go out and test and then start measuring sans shocks/lines as then id have to order them after the fact

Yes, assuming you have the same bumpstops, fender configuration, that is true. If you're seeking maximum flex, I'd measure it. If you just want to be like everyone else.... ;)

In that case, I'm running 14" travel bilsteins (31" extended I believe) with 28" brake lines and 27" limiting straps.

Back