• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just installed a BB; how long can I run stock shocks?

Jip

NAXJA Forum User
Hello everyone,

I just installed a 2" BB on my '96 2dr daily driver. I've got low mileage replacement shocks on it currenty, and I was wondering if I'll really need to upgrade my shocks? It rides fine, and its mainly a pavement pounder with the exception of going graded backwoods trails to go fishing; so its not an off-road machine (no sway bar disconnecting or anything).

So can I keep my good stock length shocks or do I really need to upgrade to something longer?

Thanks!

Jip

I've always heard that you are good with the stock shocks if you stay under three inches of lift. So you should be good.

Chris

j99xj said:
Bumpstops will need to be lowered otherwise every hit will destroy your shocks just a little more...

Now why would that be?

Please explain, I'd love to hear this.

JohnX said:
Yeah...How does stretching them out farthe make them bottom out more?

Haha...what I was thinking. Im putting a BB on a guys jeep that is just basically for looks, and for fitting 31's. I dont expect him to have any problems. If he does...then Ill just take the stock spec shocks, add 2" to them, and look in the Gabriel catalog at autozone. They have length specs in there to get the right shocks. $13.99 lifetime warrenty for the base model gabriels... kinda hard to beat that for a mostly street jeep.

J.

you could run some bar pin eliminators which give you some additional travel. 1" or so?

Back