• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

trouble code 45??

grize

NAXJA Forum User
I just bought my first jeep and I did the three key turn code reading and came up a code 45, I cannot find anywhere that references this code.Anyone know what this code is? This is on a 97 XJ sport with the digital reading so I know it not a miscount of the engine light any help would be apreciated. BTW great site, have beed lurking in the shadows for a while gathering info and looking forward to putting some of what I've learned to use

All vehicles 1996 and newer have OBD 2. The best way to diagnose problems on those is with an OBD2 scan tool. One scanner works on all vehicles 1996 and up and they usually include a book or cd rom to decipher your codes. Can buy one at most auto parts stores and probably walmart for less than $100

Looked at the CD that came with mine and there is no 45 code listed. I have used mine on my pickup (96 Z71) several times but have not had an oppurtunity to use it on my XJ as mine is too old for this scanner. LOL on finding that code. When you do find it post the answer to the 45 riddle so everyone can benefit.

yeah as soon as I find out what it is i'll post it, don't want to buy a scanner cause my buddy has one but he is out of town so I guess I'll wait till he gets back

Back