• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Removing Overhead Console

1995XJSport

NAXJA Forum User
I bet this has never been discussed before.

My jeep is a toy jeep...not my DD..which is why i dont care for some of the options it has.

It has the full overhead console, digital compass, everything...and quite honestly, i have no use for the damn thing. Whenever i turn on an overhead light for more than 30 seconds, it blows fuse 19 (illumination, radio).

I was looking at removing it, installing an aftermarket dome light (wired to the original wires) and making a switch box like i see on the forums.

Is there alot of holes left after you remove the center console? Thats the only thing im really worried about.

Thank you all!

1995XJSport said:
I bet this has never been discussed before.

I bet you're wrong ;) Look here.

Is there alot of holes left after you remove the center console? Thats the only thing im really worried about.

You'll have couple (one of which will be fairly noticeable) where the brackets mounted to the roof. Either fit a really huge dome light or replace the headliner to cover it.

I apologize...i am slow.

I've got a few dohickies that can cover a great area...the switch box im designing, the CB radio...

There bigger the holes, the more excuses to buy stuff to plug them :D

Back