• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

serious over heating problems HELP!!!!

jd90xj

NAXJA Forum User
I recently had a 307 SBC dropped in my xj for about 3 weeks it ran fine with a 160 degree thermostat and 14in fan but after i had my new lift axels and tires put on the motor wont stay cool so i tried putting in a bigger fan a 16in perma cool that draws like 3,000 cfm and dropped in a 195 thermostat cause i figured the 160 was running an open loop well the new fan and thermostat did not justice. how do i get this motor to stay cool? i'm at my wits end does anybody have suggestions or answers to fix this problem?

If you still have the original '90 radiator, it won't have enough cooling capacity so you'd better think about a 2-row Modine heavy duty replacement and convert to the '91+ open style cooling system. The open system is "self-burping" so you won't have the problem of trapped air pockets in the system after you refill it.

With a V-8 I would just change out the radiator to a different design. You could also have plugged the core some with some residual crap in the motor.

Back