• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fitting tires

Yes, it's possible. It wont be ideal, but it'll work, or atleast it should work.
We ran 33x12.5's on a 3" with no trimming in the rear for a day. It wasn't ideal, and rubbed on every corner, but it worked.

Last edited:
Chero-King said:
Yes, it's possible. It wont be ideal, but it'll work, or atleast it should work.
We ran 33x12.5's on a 3" with no trimming in the rear for a day. It wasn't ideal, and rubbed on every corner, but it worked.

his tires are 3" wider
and that was in the rear.

Once turning comes into the equation there are alot more things the tire will rub.

Just because you need to trim your fenders doesnt mean it's going to look bad.

You take some risks using a high powered tool liek an angle grinder or sawzall.

But if you dont mind changing cutting disks on a dremel it can come out very nice and neat.

Once trimmed you could re-mount the stock flares or put some door trim on the cut edge.

and fyi. running tires that wide with wheel spacers is going to eat up unit-bearings like a chubby kid eats cake.

Polski_93XJ said:
how much trimming would i have to do? and would this be difficult to make it so it doesnt look like crap?

This is the amount it took me to clear them with a ~3".
Picture048.jpg

It's actually a little more than 3"s but you get the idea.

ktm_racer_419 said:
his tires are 3" wider
and that was in the rear.

Once turning comes into the equation there are alot more things the tire will rub.

True, I didnt think of the issues involving the steering.
If I were you, I'd get a skinnier tire. If you really like the wide look, go 13.5" at the most. They still give that wide stance, but you have as many issues.

Back