• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need advise on lower control arms-please

4x4 Station Wagon

NAXJA Forum User
I recently lifted my jeep xj 98 3" with a Ruff Country lift. I went with the coils and add a leafs and ofcourse shocks. I am pretty knowledgeable on the basics however new to jeep. After lifting my jeep i am unhappy with the way it drives (which i havent had it re aligned yet)

The real problem is the driver side coil appears to sit arched towards the front. I do not have any extensions or drop brackets on my swaybar ( i am sure i need to) The coil hits the swaybar on the driver side. It also looks like my LCA is adjusted shorter than my passenger yet the what appear to be the adjustments on the back of the LCA seam to both be tight.
Should they be?
Are they adjustable?
Do i need longer ones if not with a 3" lift
I also have vibs (suprise).. I shimmed the t-case 1/4" and seemed to help
I thought the T-case wouldnt need dropped with 3" am i wrong?

Thanks and if you only answer one question the LCA are my problem child

wish i could help on the front end question but as far as the transfer case you do need to drop it most on here suggest i think 3/4 to one inch go to gojeep.com very helpful also theres a guy on here called 5-90 that really knows his stuff also

Last edited:
Back