• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MORE vs Currie steering box brace...

ZachMan

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
Which is better or does it really matter since they look to be about the same simple design?

Only thing is I heard with the Currie unit you have to shim the motor mounts for it not to rub on the harmonic balancer or something like that, screw that, lol.

I want one that is truly a bolt on easy job. Yes I have had CROK plates, just want to add to it with me being locked up front soon.

Check-out the warrior products also .It's made plenty stong compaired to some of their stuff. Some of,no most of their stuff is cheap crap but the stering brace is decient.

Thaks I'll just order the MORE brace.

If you already have the C-rok plates, I would either forget about the steering box brace or also be sure to install a track bar mount brace. There is some flex of the frame on the drivers side, and it's better to strenghen it and then let it flex together, so the C-rok or the JKS SBS plates are the prefered way to do it. If just a steering box brace is added, then the frame around the track bar mount flexes more than the frame around the steering box which leads to more cracks.

We've discussed this before at length, and the consensus is to either run neither or run both. Just something to consider.

Goatman said:
If you already have the C-rok plates, I would either forget about the steering box brace or also be sure to install a track bar mount brace. There is some flex of the frame on the drivers side, and it's better to strenghen it and then let it flex together, so the C-rok or the JKS SBS plates are the prefered way to do it. If just a steering box brace is added, then the frame around the track bar mount flexes more than the frame around the steering box which leads to more cracks.

We've discussed this before at length, and the consensus is to either run neither or run both. Just something to consider.

So I understand what you're saying. You are saying to keep it like it is with just CROK plates or strengthn the tb mount also if I add the brace because it causes the "frame" to not flex as much? causing cracks in the weaker areas?

I am unsure about the last part you added, now it says to run neither or both? umm well so I should get the brace?.

Last edited:
edit, I think when you said "both" you meet tb brace and steering brace. Well since I know of no tracbar brace and I don't fab I guess I'll stay with what I got.

ZachMan said:
edit, I think when you said "both" you meet tb brace and steering brace. Well since I know of no tracbar brace and I don't fab I guess I'll stay with what I got.

http://www.rubiconexpress.com/Products.aspx?Cn=271&Pn=1800&XnPath=173,180,251,271&Vid=AA04FE1045126

One of their new(er) products in the whole line so I haven't heard a ton for reviews but It will do the job Goatman is refering. Not a bad price either and I'm sure you can do better going through an RE reseller.

The track bar mount will cause the frame to flex. If you want to see something scary, have someone turn your steering wheel back and forth and you get down in front of the rig and watch how much the frame flexes around the track bar mount. If you add a steering box brace, then it increases the frame flex in the short distance between the steering box and track bar mount. So......brace both of them or neither of them. The C-rok reinforcement should be enough to handle the steering box. If you want to further reduce the possibility of frame cracks in that area, brace both the box and the track bar mount.

Goatman said:
The track bar mount will cause the frame to flex. If you want to see something scary, have someone turn your steering wheel back and forth and you get down in front of the rig and watch how much the frame flexes around the track bar mount. If you add a steering box brace, then it increases the frame flex in the short distance between the steering box and track bar mount. So......brace both of them or neither of them. The C-rok reinforcement should be enough to handle the steering box. If you want to further reduce the possibility of frame cracks in that area, brace both the box and the track bar mount.

Thanks, I think all my chemo sucked out my comprehension skills, lol.

Back